The Painter is responsible for preparing surfaces and applying protective coatings to fabricated parts and machines. Work will be performed in a team environment, with the objective of meeting specified timelines for machine completion. This position reports directly to a Paint Lead, and indirectly to the Plant Manager.
- Prepare surfaces of manufactured parts and/or equipment for the application of protective coatings
- Operate or use various hand, power, and air tools including brushes, scrapers, grinders/sanders, wrenches, hammer, etc.
- Apply masking tape over parts and areas that are not to be coated
- Mix and prepare paint materials for use
- Paint surfaces of parts and/or equipment with protective materials using a spray gun in the specified manner, and in accordance with Quality Control and job order specifications
- Perform quality checks to ensure the product meets quality standards
- Keep tools and equipment properly maintained
- Identify areas of process improvement
- Maintain an organized, safe, and clean working environment by complying with Company policies relating to safety, 5S, and Hazardous Waste Management programs
- Ability to operate or use a variety of hand, power and air tools and devices, paint guns
- Knowledge of proper lockout/tagout and other safety procedures
- Ability to wear the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required for this position, including hearing protection, safety glasses, disposable suit, and head stocking. A respirator is also required.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Previous wet spray or automotive painting experience a plus