We are seeking a Manufacturing Engineer with lean manufacturing experience and CAD skills to provide production support and serve as a liaison between the production team and the engineering department.
Responsibilities for this position include improving production prints, developing standard work instructions, and working closely with the production team to ensure the proper information is available for them to successfully complete their required tasks. Additionally you will lead process improvement events, assist with 5S activities and develop practices to eliminate waste. This position will report to the plant manager, and stand in for the plant manager when needed.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Associates degree in engineering and 5 years of professional work experience, or a bachelor’s degree in engineering and 2 years of professional work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proficiency with Solid Works 3D modeling and a working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Ability to function in a production environment and communicate comfortably with associates in all levels of the organization
- Experience writing work instructions
- Proficient with Windows and MS Office
- Experience in fabrication with steel is a plus
- Specific knowledge of welding notation and terminology is a plus